MLB 2K7 Patch Notes For April 2
- Active 40-man roster now extends past Ryan Howard and 39 blank spots.
- Players no longer allowed to punch Chase Utley in the face no matter how good they were all year.
- Due to licensing issues, crowd no longer chants "E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!"
- Matt Smith no longer referred to as "Bobby Abreu could be standing there."
- Fixed clipping issue that caused outfield walls in PNC park to spray blood when they came into contact with players.
- Voice recognition technology also allows controller to violently shock anyone who utters the phrase "Jason Gay."
- Removed seating area banner saying "Remember: Allen Iverson once played basketball in this state."
St. Louis Cardinals
- Removed Franchise Mode adviser quote saying "Championships bring prestige. Win a championship, bring some class to St. Louis... oh, shit."
- Babbling incoherently and soiling yourself now unlocks the Albert Pujols's Daughter Achievement (Xbox 360 only).
- Announcer no longer returns after five minutes of silence and says "Sorry, had to take a Scott Rolen."
San Diego Padres
- Removed April Fool's Day easter egg - field announcer no longer says "Good news! We're bringing in Norv Turner!" to a chorus of wailing fans on that day.
- Intro FMV for Greg Maddux no longer starts with "After leaving a legacy of *snicker* success in Chicago..."
- David Wells no longer creaks like a rusted screen door every time he moves.
San Francisco Giants
- Removed "AGING FREE AGENTS: Wait here for FREE MONEY!" sign from front office door.
- Due to complaints from three fans the Seattle Mariners are now a playable team in MLB 2K7.
- As such, the team is no longer referred to as the "Hyperliberal Hellhole Mariners" in game menus.
Tampa Bay Devil Rays
- Removed "Had more losses than RBIs in 2006 season" from Team Trivia section.
- Blackout rules in Franchise Mode no longer infer that fans would rather watch a pitch black screen for three hours, anyway.
- Ty Wiggington no longer introduced as "Chief Wiggins."
- Removed "Beg for other teams' table scraps" from Franchise Mode to-do list.
- Announcer no longer says "It's like the Reds got ten years older and added six runs to their team ERA" when watching the team.
Toronto Blue Jays
- Removed Find Things For Frank Thomas To Bitch About Mode after repeated whiny voicemails.
- Team now only called "The BJ's" in reference to Matt Stairs.
- Removed any traces of effort from team to mirror real life MLB experience.
- Austin Kearns' ears no longer catch strong winds and propel him out of the stadium.
- Removed sound file of Montreal snickering and counting piles of money.
Special thanks to Rich "Lowtax" Kyanka and Rob "Closeknees" Smith, who wrote several of the patch items.