Although the game doesn't have an official release date yet, a special collector's edition of BioWare's Star Wars MMO was available for $150 in United States Dollars, or Freedom Bucks as they are known internationally. This version of the game came with a statue, galaxy map, and access to an "exclusive in-game store".
Unfortunately, this collector's edition was so genuinely limited that it sold out within hours, leaving the plain old boring $60 version and the $80 Digital Deluxe version which is exclusive to Origin, EA's digital distribution outlet that makes you pay for the privilege of downloading your own games after an arbitrary period of time.
If you're one of the ten thousand nerds disappointed by a missed opportunity to spend $150 on a game that hasn't been reviewed and that you haven't played, fear not! BioWare and EA have seen all the dollars still being waved around by potential customers, and are working on a new line of Old Republic special editions.
EA Strikes Back Edition
- Exclusively sold on Origin
- Buying this edition puts you in line for a slot to download the game, which will cost $10 per gigabyte
- Comes with an ultra exclusive subscription price of $30 per month
- Your first month of Game Scramblification Protection is absolutely free, but if you want to keep our service from scramblifying your game you'll just need to pony up $99 per year after that
Collector's Carbonite Edition
- Entire thing made of carbonite, including the box, disc, and manual
- Might in fact just be a solid block of spraypainted granite
- Exclusive in-game item: A stone that, when activated, makes your character do the Han Solo "two hands up" pose and encases him or her in carbonite
Return Of The Cloth Map
- Exclusive cloth map that folds out to be over twenty feet long
- Making Of The Cloth Map feature DVD
- Exclusive in-game item: Cloth map Jedi cloak
Galactic You'll Be Dead Edition
- Full scale pewter replica of the wolf guy's severed hand
- Exclusive emoticons "He doesn't like you", "I have the death sentence on twelve systems", and The Carlton Dance
That's No Moon Package
- Exclusive box 10x the size of normal packaging
- No in-game extras
- No exclusive items in the box
- Can only be opened by perfectly tossing a marble into the cooling vent
The kid typed out the review, a noggin' full of memories flooding back as he rolled his fingers across the keyboard. 9/10
Captain America: Super Soldier
Not enough time was spent with a shirtless Captain America on the receiving end of lady groping, but I suppose that's the same gripe I have with every video game. 6/10
Ms. 'Splosion Man
The closest Twisted Pixel has come to making an actual game, punctuated by wacky FMV segments that have gone from funny (due to being mostly unexpected) to the embodiment of "Welp, I guess this is what we do now." 7/10
Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows Part 2
An even more unnecessary Gears Of War-esque sequel than Gears Of War 2 or 3. 3/10
The core gameplay is underwhelming compared to the bizarre (and occasionally fascinating) bits surrounding it, but at least this game dares to ask if you'd have sex with a ghost if it was attractive. 7/10
White Knight Chronicles 2
In case you didn't get enough of the mediocre banality that plagues modern Japanese RPGs, here are some more design decisions that learned nothing from the past ten years! 5/10
Russian President Vladimir Putin has sworn to personally investigate the murder of opposition leader Boris Nemtsov. In fact, Putin plans to use his expertise to solve most major crimes.
Finding the right hat can feel like walking through a minefield for guys. Did a murderer wear your hat? Was it ruined by bros? Are you just an idiot? Find out with our authoritative ranking of bad hats.
The cutting edge of video game articles.