Rick Mustaine (screenplay)
Dave Mustaine (daemoniac riffs)
Genre: Horror / Mystery / Thriller / Chiller (more)
Tagline: One in the hand is worth two in the grave...
Plot Summary: Two detectives and a criminal profiling doctor pursue a deranged serial killer who tricks women into entering a contest for their very survival. Using ingenious tricks and traps, the masked killer Rubik forces beautiful women in their underwear to do terrible mutilations and diabolical acts upon themselves just to survive. Think you could survive? Could you eat a whole corpse just to get a (more) (view trailer)
Plot Keywords: Forced Self Breast-Drilling / Tricked Women / Traps / Breast Traps & Tricks (more)
User Comments: There are a lot of memorable scenes in Slew, but the one everyone will be talking about is the diving bell trap. Burning to death underwater because a hot girl can't force herself to cut her eyes out and pour acid into her eye sockets has got to be one of the most erotic (more)
User Rating: 7.6 / 10 (9,404 votes)
Cast overview, first billed only:
Peyton Manning ... Doctor Francis Adelaide
John Jonwrey ... Detective Hullis Wullson
Harvey Keitel ... Detective Frank Cornbow
Clarissa Meadows ... Lisa Adelaide
Vincent D'onofrio ... Rubik
Also Known As:
Knickers and Gobsplitters (UK)
Teensu Girlhurt (Jpn)
Madchen in Gefahraumouchhurtengezeiten (Ger)
7 Warm 8 Lowly (Xej)
By Odin's Thrust! (Val)
Runtime: 94 min (106 min Saudi Arabian cut)
Language: Primordial Screams and Grunts
Color: Dark Blue
Aspect Ratio: Swooping Hawk
Sound Mix: Danny Fframptfon's Wails N' Chains & Stock Industrial Music
MOVIEmeter: 6.8% of the audience achieved an erection during the torture scenes why?
Certification: UK: Lord Finnowsby's Worry / Japan: Covered Breast Violence / Slew II: Slew IV: The Slew Beginning / Slew III: Ages 9 and up / Valhalla: I am coming! / USA: G / Xerenej: Dun Coda, Shivering
- Crew or Equipment Visible: A boom mic slowly drifts lower and lower into frame during the strangulation wire trap scene until the boom mic hits the actresses face. A voice can be heard yelling "cut" followed by, "Dave, what the fuck? You're all over my shot!" The actress gets up and walks off screen. As a man walks on to do a light check the film cuts to another scene.
- Continuity: The man doing the light check in the strangulation wire trap is standing outside a green-screened car containing the two detectives even though the action is taking place miles away and supposedly simultaneous to the light check being done in the strangulation wire trap.
- Plot holes: Two detectives would not drive out into the middle of the desert, to the known location of a serial killer, without backup or working radios. If they did that they probably would not continue on into an underground lair and open heavy steel doors to randomly enter rooms until they are sealed inside a trap room.
- Incorrectly Regarded As Goofs: When Lucy gets caught in the breast vice it shows her cutting her breasts off to escape, then cuts to her with her breasts back again, then she cuts them off a second time in greater detail. The first sequence of her cutting her breasts off is intended to be her imagining cutting her breasts off before she cuts them off to escape the breast vice trap and deactivate the water pump filling the room with water.
- Errors made by characters (possibly deliberate errors by the filmmakers): When the panty stabber trap video plays Rubik (as the Rubik Puppet) describes the panty stabbers as "knives installed directly at panty-level" when the knives are actually installed well above panty-level, but stab downward at a 30 degree angle.
- Rick Mustaine wanted traps that "seemed to grip the audiences by the guts with irony", although some traps were not as ironic as he had originally intended. According to the director's commentary on the DVD, Mustaine wanted the diving bell trap to involve "a woman tied to a shark by a chain wearing SCUBA gear" who had to fight the shark and unlock the chain "before her breasts caught fire." Logistical reasons forced Mustaine to abandon this concept in favor of the diving bell.
- Vincent D'onofrio did not see the prop used for the Rubik puppet before recording the voice overs for the trap videos. He instead based his voice on what he imagined Ben Franklin might have sounded like if he were evil and gay.
- Director trademark: A ticking clock counts down the seconds until an explosive bolt fires a spear through a woman's breast.
- All audio in the movie was reversed and then re-reversed to give it an otherworldly quality. This did not work so Mustaine insisted audio engineers add a nine second echo to all dialog.
- Director trademark: Blooding leaking out of panties and screaming.
AMDB Memorable Quotes:
Rubik: [as the puppet in the video] Good morning, Jenny. You're probably wondering where you are and why you're here. Give up? You're here to play a little game with me! It's called see if Jenny can survive. The where? You're in a room suspended 150 feet in the air by a single cord. In 60 seconds that cord will be cut. The only way to stop it from being cut is to put your breast in between the cord and the blade. Can you sacrifice a breast for your life?
Doctor Francis Adelaide: I've seen a psych profile like this guy once before...it was my first year as a psych profiler...
(flashback montage plays)
Doctor Francis Adelaide: My wife was working for the FBI. We tracked this guy to a barn in the middle of the countryside. He had devised all these methods that forced young women to torture themselves in order to escape from traps. My wife shot him and he fell in a lake, they never found a body, but surely-
(montage ends as a cop runs into the room)
Cop: Doctor Adelaide, your wife has been kidnapped!
Doctor Francis Adelaide: Rubik!
Rubik: [as the puppet in the video] Wake up, Doctor Adelaide. You know how I play my games by now, but you've never seen this game before. Your wife is in her bra and panties on the other side of this one-way mirror. She can't see you, but you can see her. She's standing on a block of ice. In exactly one minute that block of ice will melt enough to leak onto an electrified grate that will turn her into a toasty marshmallow. The only way to save her is for you to open the door that leads to the passage beneath the grate. Then you have to pull three pins that will-
Doctor Francis Adelaide: Wait, I'm trying to write this down, pull three pins in the window to melt the ice and...ah, can I stop this tape and rewind it?