~*~ Watch and Weight / The Goon Doctor ~*~
Reppin': adam jay harris
Disclaimer: Picture does not accurately represent the demographics of this sub-forum
Just had a Lap-band put in (Weight loss surgery) - The Slaughter spends over 17,000 dollars getting a rubber band put inside him so he can throw up cottage cheese at will and finally get rid of that unnatural feeling of hunger.
Foods that surprised you by their caloric content. Did you know that a pint of semen has over 600 calories? This thread will help you figure out how many calories is in that thing in the back of your fridge.
Constipation - The hottest thread in The Goon Doctor, forum members eek out their best bowel movement techniques.
Let's see how canceling my wow account effects my health! Listen up goons, this thread will finally prove to you what you've known in your heart all along that there are no negative health consequences whatsoever to playing WoW 8 hours a day.
From fat husband to not so fat dad in 9 months (hopefully!) Got a Fat Dad in your life that needs to get that extra push off the mower and into the rower?
~*~ Goons With Spoons ~*~
Reppin': Mr. Wiggles
ICSA XXIX: Battle Coriander
- The newest Iron Chef contest is upon us. Soap up your tastebuds and possibly win a great prize!
The 11 Best Foods You Aren't Eating
- 1. Beets: Think of beets as red spinach, Dr. Bowden said, because they are a rich source of folate as well as natural red pigments that may be cancer fighters.
How to eat: Fresh, raw and grated to make a salad. Heating decreases the antioxidant power.
2. Cabbage: Loaded with nutrients like sulforaphane, a chemical said to boost cancer-fighting enzymes.
How to eat: Asian-style slaw or as a crunchy topping on burgers and sandwiches.
3. Swiss chard: A leafy green vegetable packed with carotenoids that protect aging eyes.
How to eat it: Chop and saute in olive oil.
4. Cinnamon: May help control blood sugar and cholesterol.
How to eat it: Sprinkle on coffee or oatmeal.
5. Pomegranate juice: Appears to lower blood pressure and loaded with antioxidants.
How to eat: Just drink it.
6. Dried plums: Okay, so they are really prunes, but they are packed with antioxidants.
How to eat: Wrapped in prosciutto and baked.
7. Pumpkin seeds: The most nutritious part of the pumpkin and packed with magnesium; high levels of the mineral are associated with lower risk for early death.
How to eat: Roasted as a snack, or sprinkled on salad.
8. Sardines: Dr. Bowden calls them "health food in a can.'' They are high in omega-3's, contain virtually no mercury and are loaded with calcium. They also contain iron, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, zinc, copper and manganese as well as a full complement of B vitamins.
How to eat: Choose sardines packed in olive or sardine oil. Eat plain, mixed with salad, on toast, or mashed with dijon mustard and onions as a spread.
9. Turmeric: The "superstar of spices,'' it may have anti-inflammatory and anti-cancer properties.
How to eat: Mix with scrambled eggs or in any vegetable dish.
10. Frozen blueberries: Even though freezing can degrade some of the nutrients in fruits and vegetables, frozen blueberries are available year-round and don't spoil; associated with better memory in animal studies.
How to eat: Blended with yogurt or chocolate soy milk and sprinkled with crushed almonds.
11. Canned pumpkin: A low-calorie vegetable that is high in fiber and immune-stimulating vitamin A; fills you up on very few calories.
How to eat: Mix with a little butter, cinnamon and nutmeg.
Cajun/Southern Recipe thread
- Gumbo. Gumbo. Gumbo. Cornbread. Gumbo. Nutrea. Gravy. Swamp Cabbage. Gumbo. Swamp Cabbage Gumbo with Nutrea covered with Gravy and served over Cornbread.
I just ate at the new restaurant of Spike Mendelsohn, from Top Chef!
- Still waiting for the Rachael Ray cornballer.
~*~ Post Your Favorite ~*~
Post Your Username - This is it, the essence of PYF. If you would like people to not read your username, post your username here.
Something Awful Quotes - To relive all those classic moments where you spit liquids over your computer peripherals whilst choking on a cloud of cheeto dust. Turns into a weird goons.txt knock-off near the end.
Post Your Favourite RPG Protagonist - There are a few posts in here that don't say JC Denton but they're obviously wrong.
Top 5 favorite songs ever - Half of all PYF threads are about music. The other half are about dildos now that BeastUK is off probation again.
Post Your OKCupid II: The Internet Makes You Lonely - So you can be ignored on the internet as well as in real life.
PYF Jew - Hebros before hoes man.
PYF Hitler - Oddly enough, the first two Hitlers are cats.
Elliot said my breakup must have been due to the sweater curse, an unexplained phenomenon where anyone who gives their significant other a hand-knit sweater gets dumped. The only way to break the curse, Elliot said, was to destroy the sweater.
Can't tell a drinking fountain from a urinal? We've got you covered. Brush up on your drinking fountain enthusiast -- or sipper -- vocabulary and learn to talk and swap sips with the best of them.
The Something Awful Forums: the last bastion of sanity on the Internet. "Forum Fridays" glances at some of the most interesting and popular threads from nearly each forum, highlighting a handful of threads each week.