Back Seat Drivers
Back Seat Drivers (2005)
Michael Moore written by
Genre: Documentary / Comedy / Drama / War (more)
Tagline: The Shocking Truth Behind the Bush Administration's War on Terror.
Plot Summary: The real facts revealed about the Bush Administration. Who is in charge? Why did he lie us into war? What motivates the neocons? These questions and more answered in (more) (view trailer)
Plot Keywords: Left-Wing Lies / Propaganda / Bunch of Bullshit / Hippy Homo Faggot Shit (more)
User Comments: Moore slings his left-wing lies and propaganda in this bunch of bullshit that amounts to a bunch of hippy homo faggot shit you can see why he's lying at www.michaelmooreliespedia.com and join the truth revolution at (more)
User Rating: 1.3 / 10 (685,231 votes)
Cast overview, first billed only:
Michael Moore ... Narrator/Himself
George W. Bush ... Worst President Ever/Hitler
Al Gore ... Droning Voice of Reason
Rush Limbaugh ... Guffawing Blowhard
Al Franken ... Cackling Gadfly
Marilyn Manson ... Smarter Than You Thought
Also Known As:
Michael Moore's Back Seat Drivers (USA)
Too Little, Too Late, Ya Cunts (UK)
Fat Man Goes About Big Mistake (Jpn)
Our Good Friend Talks on Evil War (Al Qaeda)
Nnnzz zzn znznz nnnnzz zznnnn # (Zyl)
Runtime: 132 mins
Language: Self-Righteous English
Aspect Ratio: 5
Sound Mix: Bleeding Heartphone
MOVIEmeter: 15.3% since Katrina why?
Certification: Australia: Seppo Doco / Iraq: No Sunni, No Kurds Allowed / Saudi Arabia: Foreign Lies 17 / Texas: Schedule I / Hollywood: Sodomite Approved / USA: Light Treason / Melmac: Shumway Prohibited
- Factual errors: When Moore mentions Enron profiting from an oil pipeline thanks to a closed-door meeting with Cheney he is lying because the list of attendees of the Vice President's energy task force is classified so he couldn't possibly know for sure.
- Errors made by characters (possibly deliberate errors by the filmmakers): A bad joke made by Al Gore that is totally unfunny implies that he should be president when in fact he had fewer electoral votes than President George W. Bush. Moore does not point this fact out, preferring to wallow in the lies and half-truths.
- Factual errors: Moore lies about Osama Bin Laden's family being rushed out of the country by the CIA. According to Richard Clarke they were rushed out of the country by the FBI.
- Revealing mistakes: The video of a burning HMMWV that is played while Moore describes a soldier's death in Iraq is not the video of that soldier's actual vehicle. Moore never explains this and allows the lie to pass unnoticed.
- Michael Moore's ubiquitous hats are worn to cover a swastika he had branded into his scalp while a member of the Aryan Nation.
- Two of the soldiers featured in the movie later said that they did not want the footage to be used and said on Free Republic that they support the Iraq War and President Bush and Michael Moore did not take the footage of them out of his movie proving once again his deceitful deviltry.
- Director trademark: Asking a rhetorical question, looking at the camera, and raising an eyebrow.
- Audio editor Ethan Van der Ryn praised Michael Moore tearfully during his acceptance speech for the Oscar for Best Sound Editing in 2005 for his work on King Kong. He stated that it was important to use every platform possible to speak out against the war, although this was not heard by TV viewers as the sound editing awards were being given at a separate concurrent ceremony.
- Director trademark: Hounding a senile old man until he humiliates himself.
AMDB Memorable Quotes:
Michael Moore: Would you sign your son up to sit in an unarmored Humvee as it explodes?
Sen. Sam Brownback: Anything I say will make me look bad.
Michael Moore: Gotcha!
Reporter: What do you say to critics who point to recent US casualties as a sign the war is not going as planned?.
George W. Bush: It's windy out here, i can't understand what you're saying.
Michael Moore: See...
Dick Cheney: [From a 1999 interview] The worst thing America could do is invade Iraq. If a president ordered that then he is the worst president ever.
George Stephanopoulos: Worse than Harding?
Dick Cheney: Worse than Hitler.