Cutting Up (1978)
Genre: Documentary / Sport / Veins / Meat (more)
Tagline: Can you pump a rod for cutting up your meat?
Plot Summary: The Return to Gold's Gym in Venice Beach, California to learn more about the lives and work of dedicated bodybuilders in their preparations for the 1977 Galaxy's Pumpedest Dude (more) (view trailer)
Plot Keywords: Body Building / Weightlifting / Pumping Up / Injecting Drugs Into Dicks (more)
User Comments: A fantastic deep look at the odyssey of men's bodybuilding and how dudes can totally pump it up and tighten their meat and get ready for a competition to pump some studs inside their (more)
User Rating: 6.2 / 10 (9,804 votes)
Cast overview, first billed only:
Davros Hinzenfekker ... Himself
Gristle Beefcaggolio ... Himself
Nancy Beefcaggolio ... Herself
Titan Strokehard ... Himself
Stan Meatswell ... Himself
Danny Fotolicionio ... Himself
Also Known As:
Meaat Buuster (Nor)
Blokes Bein' Huge (UK)
Beef Pipe Arrive in Grease (Jpn)
Das Normalitschen Activitiskrieg von der Grosse Jugend (Ger)
Runtime: 108 mins
Language: Grunts, Groans
Color: Tan, Pre-Cancerous
Aspect Ratio: 30x3 Reps
Sound Mix: Homoerotic Overtone
MOVIEmeter: 90* since fully bulged why?
Certification: UK: Yank Horror-18 / Japan: Mega USA O.K. / Iran: Why We Fight 13 / S. Korea: Restricted Groans / Venice Beach: 110% Not Gay at All / USA: USA (USA!) / Hyperborea: Cimmerian-14
- Factual errors: It is impossible for someone to achieve 100% cuttage. Maximum theoretical cuttage is limited to 88% according to Landon's Law of Relative Rippedness.
- Errors made by characters (possibly deliberate errors by the filmmakers): There are no "inner extra muscles" only available to "will of true sportsmen of der olympic proportions" as postulated by Hinzenfekker.
- Factual errors: Black men actually win fewer bodybuilding competitions, despite having extra muscles in their legs.
- Crew or Equipment Visible: During the bathroom scene, a cameraman and boom operator are visible in the mirror in which Hinzenfekker is kissing his reflection to "mega pump" his mouth muscles before going on stage.
- Davros Hinzenfekker attempted to sue and have the sale of this movie outlawed prior to the release of his debut role in a non-documentary with James Cameron's Hurtilator and then again during his 2002 run for Governor of Los Angeles, through which he was accidentally elected mayor.
- Director trademark: Balloon sound effects as a man flexes his bicep.
- Bodybuilder Stan Meatswell died during the final stages of filming from massive over-rippage, but audio pre-interviews survived. These were edited over a closeup of a horse flank and went unnoticed until the 2004 DVD release, which explained the unusual shots of what was presumed to be Meatswell's face.
- Director trademark: A man in a singlet shitting and puking while holding weights over his head.
AMDB Memorable Quotes:
Davros Hinzenfekker: I love curling some meat, pumping it around, get it all stroked up. I love it. It makes me feel like I'm cumming.
(Pumps some iron)
Davros Hinzenfekker: Ja, und I am cumming. AUUUUUUGH. I will never regret saying this on a movie. AUUUUUGH. I will never be a politician! AUUUUUUGH I am cumming again it feels so good! Ja, und I also do drugs.
Gristle Beefcaggolio: You do what you got to do to stay competitive in this business. Some guys, they chug protein shakes, some guys lift until they puke, everybody has their thing they do. Me? I inject the adrenal glands of dogs into my penis.
(Injects a serum into his penis)
Gristle Beefcaggolio: Shit, yeah! Woo! It's working. It's working. I can feel it working. Wooooo! Gettin' stronger already!
Danny Fotoliciono: You wanna be the best, kid? .
Davros Hinzenfekker: Ja!
Danny Fotoliciono: Alright kid, I got something that will pump you up like no other. Better than 10,000 reps of anything. Just sign this release...okay...good...now through that door are some Japanese gentlemen who want to take some pictures of your taint muscle.