Sequels are usually the scourge of the movie making industry. While 10% of them turn out to be successful franchises (Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Harry Potter), the remaining 90% fall out as unappetizing lumps of bodily waste not fit for human consumption (American Psycho, Robocop, Caddyshack). However, the ever-creative SA Forum Goons wondered what movies were like... before they actually became movies. That is, what were the unofficial prequels like, some time before all the action started taking place? Well thanks to the use of modern technology (warezed copies of Photoshop), a large amount of forum members were able to take a trip back in time to catch a glimpse of the exciting, highly non-futuristic past!

Cubass kicked off the competition with this revealing look into the recruiting process.

... then he followed up with this one.

Alley Cat has heightened perception skills, although I don't know why.

Anathema is thankful the government couldn't put you in jail back in the 70s for simply having colorful, pleasing dreams of murdering your peers.

More Comedy Goldmine

This Week on Something Awful...

  • Meditations from a Movable Weiner

    Meditations from a Movable Weiner

    Sometimes I dream that I'm sitting in the back of the defunct Weinermobile as it careens driverless down the highway. At first I thought this was symbolic of the powerlessness I feel in life, but then I realized it's actually the Weinermobile's dream of being able to drive again.

  • BarkWire.com Dog Reviews: The Barquis de Sade & Cleaver

    BarkWire.com Dog Reviews: The Barquis de Sade & Cleaver

    Three years ago, when we were burying my uncle, Cleaver and some gross lady dog (Solstice???) showed up at the cemetery and starting going at it really loudly. It ruined everything and we had to have a "re-do" the next day and it cost a fortune. I've hated him ever since for that.

About This Column

The Comedy Goldmine examines the funniest and most creative threads from the Something Awful Forums. Although the Comedy Goldmine has changed authors many times over the years, its focus on the Something Awful Forums is still the same. Includes hilarious Photoshops, amusing work stories, parodies, and other types of oddball humor.

Previous Articles

Suggested Articles

Copyright ©2014 Rich "Lowtax" Kyanka & Something Awful LLC.