The number of facts that you got wrong in your review of "Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring" is so huge it boggles the mind.
1. "...magical world of Mordor"
The world is Middle Earth not Mordor. Mordor is a specific region where Sauron and Mount Doom are located.
1. "JRR Tolkein"
Spelled wrong. Should be "Tolk-I-E-n"
2. "...who wrote fantasy novels around the turn of the century."
Fellowship of the Ring was written at the end of the 40's and early 50's and was published in 1954. Hardly "around the turn of the century."
3. "...Hobbit Town where the white wizard Gandalf is bringing magical fireworks for the hobbit festival..."
They are in a town called "Hobbiton" in the land of the Shire. He is Gandalf "the Grey". The white wizard is Saruman. He is bringing fireworks for Bilbo's birthday party, not "the hobbit festival".
4. "twisted hobbit Bilbo Baggins who has been made evil..."
No where does the book or movie ever imply that Bilbo is twisted, and certainly not "evil". The ring is certainly hurting and changing him. You see glimpses of hatefulness and anger as he is beginning to loose the fight. But he is never portrayed in the way you say.
5. "Gandalf takes the ring away from Bilbo..."
No he doesn't. He encourages Bilbo to give it to Frodo, which he does voluntarily.
Should be "orcs".
7. "Bilbo's son Frodo must journey with Gandalf..."
Frodo is Bilbo's younger cousin not his son. Though in the movie I think Frodo may call him "uncle" Bilbo. He doesn't journey with Gandalf. Gandalf never travels with them until AFTER the "elf city".
8. "...where the elves will help them decide how to fight the Ork army."
Frodo's only motive is getting the ring away from the Shire so that it won't be in danger. No one says anything about fighting an orc army.
9. "Bog Wraiths..."
It is RING not BOG wraiths!
10. "...the black wizard Sarumon."
He is the WHITE wizard Saruman (note spelling of "Saruman"). There is no "black" wizard in Lord of the Rings.
11. "...with the help of beautiful Princess Arwen...fights them off single handedly with her magic sword."
Did you even SEE this movie? Arwen doesn't have a magic sword and she never fights anyone. Aragorn is the one who fights the Ring Wraiths "single handedly" and NOT with a magic sword.
12. "...Mount Doom, which on the other side of Mordor..."
Mount Doom is IN Mordor. Mordor is the land they are traveling to.
13. "...don't explain how it's going to destroy the ring or why the Orks want it..."
Did you totally miss the 10 minute prologue at the beginning of the move where it explained all about the ring, and the long section where Gandalf tells Frodo what it is? That explains everything.
14. "I remember in the book there were three chapters devoted to them explaining how the ring was forged and how it could be unmade in the fires of the mountain..."
The council of Elrond takes up ONE chapter in the book, and talking about how it was forged and can be destroyed is only a small part of that chapter.
15. "Gandalf is almost killed..."
Never says that in the book or movie.
16. "...rescued by a giant moth..."
There is no giant moth in the book or movie. You must be thinking of "Godzilla versus Mothra". Gandalf speaks to a regular-sized moth and (we assume) that it goes and gets the giant EAGLE that rescues him.
17. "In the book they explain all about the moth but it is just retarded appearing out of nowhere like that in the movie, no one knows why a giant moth is helping him."
There is NO MOTH at all in the book and certainly not a GIANT one. In the book the eagle is coming there for a different reason and finds Gandalf, who asks him to rescue him. In the movie, Gandalf catches the little moth, talks to it, and it goes and gets the eagle.
19. "Then the movie just ends. This is a huge disappointment because it doesn't end anything like how the book ends."
The movie ends in almost EXACTLY THE SAME PLACE as the book. Actually, the book ends even more abruptly than the movie. The book ends without you knowing what happened to anyone but Frodo and Sam. It ends with the entire fellowship out in the woods searching for Frodo while Frodo and Sam secretly take the boat and leave. Boromir's death is at the beginning of the second book.
20. "In the book Gandalf is back from the dead and they have defeated Sarumon for the first time..."
None of that happens until the MIDDLE of the SECOND book The Two Towers.
21. "It is pretty to look at, but it needs to get its facts straight..."
The movie's facts are perfectly straight. It is YOU who don't have your facts straight.
There are so many web sites, books, and resources on Lord of the Rings, that the poor quality and immensity of your mistakes is inexcusable. It is so bad and misinformed that you should print a retraction and apology for your poor handling and errors. If you are going to presume to write reviews of movies then at least do some research and use some care. At the very least go to IMDB.COM and look up a few things, and use a spell checker.
Michael A. Mason